Download Full Resume Below
Senior Business Development
Internal Sales Manager / Vice President / Senior Mortgage Banker
Highly successful, dynamic corporate business development leader with extensive financial, operations, sales/marketing and customer service expertise providing a broad base of management expertise within the mortgage lending space both rapid-growth and turnaround environments. Extensive relations and communications expertise coupled with experience in repositioning business with ability to quickly adapt in changing markets.
Core Leadership Competencies
New Penn Financial 2014 - Present
A Subsidiary of Shellpoint Partners
MORTGAGE BANKING OFFICER
Currently engaged in supporting the expansion of New Penn Financial's Metro Washington DC market presence and to further increase mortgage origination production volume. This long-term goal encompasses a continued high-touch, unmatched client experience from first contact through closing along with offering business partners joint marketing support opportunities to help exponentially grow their business as well.
Carrington Mortgage Services 2011 - 2014
A Subsidiary of Carrington Capital Management, LLC
Established Carrington’s Metro Washington, DC retail mortgage originations branch in support of CMS’ extensive nation-wide expansion plans. Executed branch selection, regulatory licensing & compliance, recruiting, initial staffing, loan production, and daily management oversight. Co-partnering with Carrington’s sister company Carrington Real Estate Services CRES. Initiated and maintained relationships to capitalize on our corporate joint-venture mandate of supporting CMS/CRES REO property disposition, sales and end financing for purchasers.
TBI Mortgage 2007 - 2009
The Mortgage Subsidiary of the Toll Brothers Company America’s Premier Luxury Home Builder
Regional team grew market share 9% exceeding production goals by delivering 1,700 mortgages in 20 months valued in excess of $730MMduring a volatile, contracting marketplace.
Increased referrals while improving customer service satisfaction scores from 3.27 to 4.44 (out of 5). This resulted from implementing new, customer retention policy and procedures along with developing specialized curriculum educating the mortgage group and key team personnel. TBI's brand recognition and exposure grew participating in all Toll's marketing venues.
Strategically increased mortgage capture rates from 47% to 56% in 9 months by optimizing Toll’s home sales associates awareness of TBI’s value and benefits, through providing exemplary service in timely communication, meeting target deadlines and face-to-face relationship management.
Improved communications protocol raising Toll home sales associates customer referrals and support by 25% in targeted states. Successfully achieved through weekly communication meetings with customers, mortgage sales team leads, back-operation support staff, and business development managers delivering critical progress reports to Toll’s sales and project managers.
Advised senior management of a profitable opportunity in pending legislative changes to FHA identified within the “Economic Stimulus Act of 2008” recommending TBI Mortgage earn HUD’s approval as a FHA Direct Endorsement Lender. As the subject matter expert and project management lead, developed the curriculum and facilitated educating four diverse groups within TBI and Toll’s building division. This complex business initiative produced substantial revenue and market share enhancements.
Executed an operational objective improving customer contact and loan retention by 30%. Played significant cross-functional consultative role between TBI’s Training Director and Toll’s IT department integrating real-time customer interaction records in TBI’s proprietary origination software with Toll Brothers sales reporting platform.
Optimized business efficiency by relocating TBI’s South East Operation Center to Toll’s corporate offices. This initiative saved $250K in annual operating expenses requiring expedited replacement of all mortgage and key back-office support personnel.
SouthBanc Mortgage 2002 - 2007
The Mortgage Division of SouthBank a South East Regional Federal Savings BankVICE PRESIDENT, FIRST TRUST GROUP
Managed sales and production of 7,912 mortgages in 30 months for direct, bulk sale to secondary and capital markets investors.
- 1st Trust Group team attained a significant goal- 2 year average production volume exceeded $240MM per year.
- Launched new e-commerce team; originated 943 mortgages in 16 month’s with volume exceeding $54MM.
- Raised existing benchmark lead-to-close ratios from 4.25% to 6.00% in 12 months.
- Identified and resolved issues with unacceptable personnel training leading to inefficiencies. Conceived and implemented SouthBanc’s core training curriculum and customer feedback response increasing staff retention from 50% to 75%.
- Increased average fee income over a 7-month time period from 5.75% to over 7.00% in specialized product lines.
- Improved profitability 10% through workflow best practice enhancements, internal cost controls and with service providers.
- Reduced retail production costs 15% within 12 months through prospect follow-up systems and utilizing advanced property appraisal technologies.
Community Bank of Northern Virginia 1996 - 2002
Highly Rated Metro Washington DC Area Community Bank
SENIOR MORTGAGE BANKER
- Improved CBNV’s Northern Virginia market presence and referrals by increasing goodwill exposure with realty agents and middle tier builders.
- Received Best Customer Service Award three times through applying knowledgeable expertise, value and trusted insight.
- Led strategic minority loan diversification and CRA program initiative resulting in over $7MM annual loan closings in the Northern Virginia market.
- Averaged 225 basis points on originated mortgage loans and top revenue producer status while simultaneously maintaining exceptional customer service and expanding referral networks.
- $16MM in referral based, independently self-generated closed loan production annually.
Consumer First Mortgage | First Fidelity Mortgage 1992 - 1996
Independent Mortgage Banks having Regional and National FootprintsMORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
- Independently sourced, and closed over $12MM in loan volume per year.
- Top self-producer closed loan volume, Manassas Branch.
- Initiated client diversity outreach programs with realty offices producing in excess of $5MM per year in closed volume.
- Developed and presented First Time Home Buyer mortgage education seminars to prospects improving community outreach.
- Three-time winner of the Highest Jumbo Loan Contest.